Job Search Support
At present, we offer the following services to support you in your job search:
Want to make sure your resume best represents your unique talents and background? Our career coaches will review your current resume and recommend changes that will help you:
- Showcase what you can bring to a new organization
- Align the format of your resume with current design trends and standards
- Ensure your resume will be appropriately interpreted by Applicant Tracking Systems
- Develop versions of your resume aimed at different types of roles in which you’re interested, and discuss how to tailor cover letters aimed at those different roles
LinkedIn Profile Review
LinkedIn is THE platform for building and keeping up to date on your professional network. It’s also an invaluable tool for job seekers. Having the right LinkedIn profile is a professional “must-have”, even more important than your resume. Make sure your LinkedIn profile and your activity on the platform allow you to expand your network, build your domain credibility, and stand out from the crowd. Note: LinkedIn is a registered trademark of Microsoft.
You’ve gotten the interview you’ve been seeking. Now comes the all-important interview itself. Success in interviews is often made or not made in the first 5-10 minutes. Make sure you’re prepared, with guidance on how to:
- Research a company before an interview
- Position your unique value proposition in the first few minutes
- Convey your skills and experience with real examples that make your case
- Ask the right questions about the firm and the role
Go beyond traditional interview preparation and do an actual mock interview with one of our career coaches. We’ll start “in role” for the interview and will spend time afterward debriefing, providing guidance on how to strengthen your responses, tone, body language and overall effectiveness.
You’ve landed the role and want to make sure you get the best possible offer, financially and otherwise. We’ll help you define what’s most important to you in your offer, identify what you are and aren’t likely to be able to negotiate, and provide tips on how to approach the negotiation discussions. Note that our offer negotiation service doesn’t constitute legal advice, and we would recommend you also consider getting a legal review of your offer.